Integrating Codility with Greenhouse allows you to seamlessly invite, review and store your candidate test reports all in one interface.
When integrated, you can:
- Standardize your Codility tests as part of the assessment stage of your candidates in Greenhouse.
- Select which Codility test is required for each role, and enable Greenhouse users to initiate the test invite as candidates enter the assessment stage.
- Have candidate test reports automatically attach to a Greenhouse candidate profile and their scores displayed.
- Enable faster review and collaboration on specific candidate profiles between interviewers and hiring managers.
Want to find out more about Greenhouse? Request a demo to see whether Greenhouse's software could be of help to your team.
Already a Greenhouse client and want to integrate? Follow the steps below to enable integration. If you don't have access to integrations, please contact email@example.com and we'll help you with the next steps.
Setting up the CodeCheck integration
Enabling the Integration from Codility:
- When you are logged into Codility, navigate to your Account menu.
- Select the integrations tab and click Connect Greenhouse to authorize the connection. Your admin may need to approve this.
- Once enabled, you will be able to add Codility to your workflow.
Adding the Codility Test Stage to your Interview Plan:
- Navigate to the specific job, and click the Job Setup tab
- Click Interview Plan
- Scroll down the page, and click the green + Add Stage button
- Select Codility Test, and click the Add button
Configuring Codility Tests to Specific Jobs:
- Once the stage has been added, click Edit Take Home Test.
- From here, you will see a drop-down menu that reflects the code tests that you’ve previously set up in Codility.
- Select the appropriate test, assign at least one Greenhouse user to grade submitted tests, and then click Save.
Keep in mind that all configuration of the test itself, as well as the email template, will need to be handled in Codility.
While you will click "Send Test" from within Greenhouse, the test is actually sent by Codility.
Sending a Codility Test to your Candidate:
When candidates are moved into the Codility Test stage, Greenhouse will display a Send Test link. While you will click "Send Test" in Greenhouse, the test will actually be sent through Codility. You can choose one of the email invitation templates that you had created in your Codility platform:
Checking Test Status:
The status of the test will be viewable in Greenhouse as either:
- Take Home Test to be sent.
- Waiting for candidate to submit test
- Scorecard due from <DESIGNATED_GRADER>
Viewing Candidate's Report:
Once the candidate has submitted their test, you can view their Codility score by opening the Interview Kit for the Codility Test interview. Click the View Report hyperlink to view details.
If you have the CodeLive integration enabled, Codility allows you to assign a Reviewer to your Codility test. In this case, you will be able to see their feedback in Greenhouse in Last note and Activity feed:
If you assign a new Reviewer and they decide to override previous scores, you can also track this in the Activity feed in Greenhouse:
NOTE: We recommend having your technical reviewers use only Codility as developers with anonymized access and not adding them to your ATS. This will allow your reviewers to see only the candidate's code and not know any of their personal information which can help eliminate bias in the hiring process. You can see more info on our anti-bias features here.
Enabling CodeLive in your Greenhouse account will help your Recruiters set up and schedule technical interviews via CodeLive. Using the integration your Recruiters are able to generate a CodeLive interview room link for the candidate, and then notify both the candidate and the interviewer/s about the time, date, and connection details for the interview.
To enable this integration, you will need to be an Admin user of both your Codility and Greenhouse accounts. Only one user needs to enable the integration and it will be available to the rest of the users on the account.
1. First you need to log into Greenhouse to collect your Harvest API Key and your Greenhouse User ID.
- To access your Harvest API key: Go to Settings > Dev Center > API Credential Management. Click Create New API Key, and choose the Harvest API type:
For the integration to work, the user who is enabling the integration should have "POST: Add Note" and "Get: Retrieve User" API permissions enabled in the Greenhouse. They can be found in Settings > Dev Center > API Credential Management > Manage permissions.
- To access your User ID: Go to Settings > Users > Export to Excel. Find your default User ID in the exported file:
2. Now log into Codility, and navigate to My Account > Integrations. Scroll down the list of integrations, find Greenhouse - CodeLive on the list, and click Enable.
3. In the window that appears, copy the Webhook secret key and Webhook header identity. Save these somewhere where you can access them momentarily.
4. Then, paste your Harvest API Key and Greenhouse User ID and click Save.
5. In Greenhouse, go to Settings > Dev Center > Web Hooks and create a new Webhook that will trigger CodeLive. You would need to:
- Name the webhook; we recommend naming it CodeLive
- When the webhook will be triggered; choose “Candidate has changed stage”.
- The endpoint URL; please paste https://app.codility.com/integrations/greenhouse/webhook/
- Your Webhook secret key from Codility; paste the Webhook secret key that you saved from Codility
6. Then, click Advanced settings and in the Additional HTTP Headers please provide the Codility Webhook header identity that you saved from Codility along with "codility-identity:":
7. Click Create Webhook.
Congratulations! You have successfully integrated CodeLive with your Greenhouse account. If you have any problems completing these steps, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Setting up CodeLive as a stage
Once everything is configured, you need to set up CodeLive as a stage in your job. To do that,. Go to All Jobs, find the relevant posting and click its name. In the bottom right corner, find Interview plan and click it.
Click Add a Stage and add CodeLive Tech Interview as a new stage. Please note that you can name it to your liking, but for integration to be recognised the name of the stage should include CodeLive in the name.
Inviting a candidate for a CodeLive interview
Find the necessary candidate and move them to the CodeLive stage that you have set up.
CodeLive link will be generated, in the meantime you can request candidate’s availability through Request Availability feature. Please note that the integration allows to create only CodeLive interviews in the Whiteboard mode.
Once you have the confirmation from your candidate about the time slot, you can copy the CodeLive link and click Schedule Interview. After choosing the right date and time, you can provide the CodeLive link as Location and open the invite in Google Calendar to send it to your colleagues and the candidate.
If you have several CodeLive interviews in your hiring process, you can create links for all of them in one click. To do that, when setting up a CodeLive stage in your job settings, add as many interviews in your stage as needed:
For the ones that have CodeLive in the name, interview links will be generated once the candidate is moved to that stage.
Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.