Integrating Codility with Pinpoint allows you to seamlessly invite, review and store your candidate test reports all in one interface.
Pinpoint integrates with Codility's platform, allowing you to send any candidate a Codility assessment directly in Pinpoint. Pinpoint will then show the status of the assessment and the total score when it becomes available.
Getting Started in Codility:
In order to link your Pinpoint and Codility accounts, you'll need to know your Client Secret key, and API key. To generate these values in Codility, you'll need to navigate to My Account > Settings > Integrations.
Under the "Create an Integration" section, put in Pinpoint as the application name and click create.
Once your API Key has been generated, you will need to click "more info" next to the application name to view both your API Key and the Client Secret key needed for connecting the integration in Pinpoint.
Your API key is the value directly after the word 'Bearer', ie. in the example below, our API key is 'eu.eoiwn234...'(etc).
Your Client Secret is available in the 'Your OAuth credentials' section. In the example below, it is '23iondoi3n...' (etc).
If you have any issues generating your API Key or identifying which values to use, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
Connecting the integration in Pinpoint
Once you have your API and Client Secret key from Codility:
1. In Pinpoint, visit the Settings > Integrations menu.
2. In the integrations menu, click on the Apps button and then search for, or scroll down to, the Codility integration. Click the Add button for that integration.
3. Add in your Client Secret and API key, and then press Save.
4. Press the Disabled toggle in the top right corner until it reads Enabled.
If you have any issues attempting to connect the integration in Pinpoint, please reach out directly to Pinpoint support.
How do I send a candidate an assessment in Pinpoint?
1. Open the candidate's profile and from the action button (three small dots) select the Send Codility assessment option:
2. Pinpoint will then ask you to confirm the email address where you want the assessment to be sent, and also to choose which assessment you want to send to the candidate. This is populated from the available 'tests' you have created in Codility. Please note that currently, it's not possible to use a custom email invitation template when sending the invitation using Pinpoint. The standard Codility invitation email will be sent to the candidate.
3. Once you have created an assessment, you will then see a new tab, named 'Assessments' showing current and completed assessments.
Codility sends Pinpoint the current status and a score, if one is available. A link to the Codility candidate report is also available so that you can see a more granular breakdown of how the candidate performed.
Have questions? Contact us at email@example.com and we'll be happy to help.