We strongly believe that all hiring decisions should be based upon your candidate’s best work. To help candidates perform their true best, we use Microsoft Monaco as our main code editor.
Microsoft Monaco is the open-source editor behind the most popular modern IDE to date: Microsoft VS Code. It’s renowned for its modularity, performance, flexibility, and support for plug-ins that allow each developer to customize the editor to their needs and work style.
Apart from the standard syntax highlighting and fundamental formatting (indentation, closing brackets), our editor has a number of game-changing features like:
- Multicursor – allowing to quickly change names of functions, arguments and signatures, and any other code snippet that occurs in multiple instances across your solution file;
- Text completions – anything already in the code file will pop up as a completion suggestion, and can be applied with a single Enter/Return hit;
- Find and replace – search for any text, and quickly replace it with new input;
- As well as additional packages and custom features for CodeLive including unit testing frameworks and data science libraries.
Microsoft Monaco allows us to ensure the usability of our code editor with screen readers and tools that help persons with disabilities to write code:
- High contrast mode – enabling better legibility and triggered automatically in Microsoft Edge, but toggleable in each supported browser;
- Keyboard navigation – using shortcuts or tabs to jump over lines and code guides quicker than ever, and leaving the control over it to the programmer;
- Screen reader compatibility – combined with navigation hotkeys, greatly speeding up the coding workflow
Codility a platform where developers can work at their best, with tools that resemble their everyday workflow, and respond to the ever changing needs of the industry.