CodeLive is a great way to assess candidates in real-time. You can have multiple hiring managers/engineers join the session and work on a problem with the candidate concurrently.
There are three ways of starting a CodeLive session.
One way is to open any of the tests you have in the Codility Dashboard in CodeLive. This way, instead of inviting a candidate to a test that they would otherwise work through solo, you can make the experience more collaborative. You'll be able to observe their train of thought as they work towards a solution.
Steps to start CodeLive as a Codility Dashboard test:
- After logging in to Codility, click on "Set up CodeLive" in the section of your Codility Dashboard dedicated to the test you want to use.
- Once forwarded to CodeLive interface, click on "Invite" in upper-right corner of the interface and choose one of two invitation methods - copy a link or send it to a given email address through Codility.
- Click on "Start" in upper-right corner of the interface and wait for the candidate to appear in the session
The second way to start a CodeLive session is to go on the CodeLive tab at the top of the page. This will start a session without a task description. The interviewer can write the question for the candidate to solve before or after the candidate is invited to take the test.
Steps to start a CodeLive as new session :
- Click on the CodeLive tab at the top of the page.
- Click on "Start new interview".
- At this time you can go ahead and write the question for the candidate.
- After you have the question ready, go ahead and share the link with anyone.
Another way to start a CodeLive interview is from any of the available tasks:
- In the Tasks tab choose the task that you would like to use for your CodeLive interview. Click on it.
- Click the button Start CodeLive.
The last option is to go to the candidate test report and start a session with the candidates already-submitted code. This solution lets you collaborate with your candidate on the code they wrote during their coding test.
Steps to start a CodeLive session from candidates test report:
1. Click on the candidate name on the test report.
2. Click on the "Start CodeLive Interview" button.
3. Once in the session you can go ahead and share link with anyone.